Thursday, November 18, 2010

Clean and shiny


There's no doubt in my mind that this boy once had a home. This is Eclipse, though I find myself calling him Clipper, why? I have no idea. However, in less than 24 hours he's shown me that while he doesn't like it, he will calmly tolerate a bath (if you don't mind him leaning his wet head on you:-), he knows sit, he's a fan of hugging humans and kissing them on the nose:-) He's gentle with treats and fits in well with the pack here. Lexy has been trying to engage him in play, which he happily obliges. But as soon as he bumps her back legs, she gets cranky and gives him a what for. That's the end of that. Poor Lex is just not as mobile as she was in her younger days:-( She sure would like to be though, there's no doubt about that. Eclipse seems content to give her an "I'm sorry" nose poke once she's not crabby anymore and that's good enough for her.

I have no doubt that Eclipse has shepherd in him and upon first glance I thought husky, but he sure doesn't have the temperment of either of those dogs. Both breeds and mixes of those breeds are great, but in my experience have been high energy and quirky. This guy is a mellow fellow for his young years (estimated at about 3 I think, with some truly pearly white teeth!) He's content to go outside to potty then come back in and hang out. Seems to want nothing more than to be cozy in the house hanging out with others. He's not a "shover" either. You know, the ones that shove their way past other dogs. He's okay standing wherever as long as he's getting attention. Cody and Ginger could sure learn a thing or two from him:-) So what he is mixed with? Your guess is as good as mine. good old Heinz 57. The best kind of canine!

Anyway, he'll hopefully get neutered in the next couple of days. Until then he's on leash patrol only. I'm not willing to take any chances on him hopping the fence and doing who knows what! He seems okay with that too actually:-) We've gone out many times since last night and he's perfectly fine taking care of business while on lead. I've had dogs in the past that had, er, um, privacy issues I suppose. If I had them on leash or where they could see me, they refused to go. That's where REALLY long leads come in. Until a dog is neutered and pretty much guaranteed (in my opinion anyway) not to be a jumper, he has to do potty breaks with me in tow. Just don't want to contribute to the overpopulation of animals when I work so hard trying to educate folks to prevent it.

More pictures to come in the future. Wouldn't you know I got a couple of pictures and my camera battery died. OY! Needless to say, the pack here seems perfectly content to share thier space with E and Blue now has another male to sass:-) As for me I enjoy sitting back and watching my dogs do the magic they do that tends to bring out the best in new dogs who come to our house. With E already being such a sweet boy, it will be interesting to see in what new ways he blossoms. Animals truly are amazing creatures. Gotta love 'em:-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment