Sunday, January 2, 2011

Savannah Smiles:-)

The lighter blonde of the two dogs (on the right) is Savannah. She was a foster of mine in 2008. She was adopted by a wonderful family who let me know that she now has recently acquired a little "brother" :-) The little girl in the picture is one of Savannah's humans. I've been working in rescue since 2004. Savannah came along in early 2008. She was a special situation because the family that originally had her are dear, dear friends of mine. To be perfectly honest, my first true love of dogs started because of my friendship with these folks. Her human has been a friend of mine since I was 16. I gotta tell ya, that was a long, um, long time ago:-)
The owner's love for the dog led her to find a new placement because of a rough situation that all dedicated animal lovers hope that they are never put into. It was heartwrenching and I'm glad I was able to help.

Savannah is a beautiful malinois/shepherd mix. She's smart, loving and fiercely loyal. That being said, you can imagine the pain of having to part with this dog. There are truly legitimate reasons that a loving owner may need to part with a family companion. This was one of them. I think of this everytime I hear some lame excuse for dumping a dog.

Anyway, tonight I got a wonderful note with this picture of Savannah and her new playmate, Clark. Cute, eh? I love getting good news about dogs that have been with us. Heck, I like good news of almost any knd, but this is definitely my favorite kind:-) It seems Savannah and Clark are doing a great job of wearing each other out when they're not playing with the kids. Congrats to Savannah and her new family and thanks to all of you who continue to adopt from rescues and shelters. We couldn't do it without you:-) Happy New Year!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment