Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Queen


Folks hear me talking about my dog Lexy all the time. She's my first baby, though not the last:-) A friend called her the Snow Queen many, many years ago because of her thick coat and her love of freaking freezing cold weather. Here's a few shots of her from the other night when it snowed. She was only out for a couple of hours (it would have been less, but I couldn't get her to come in at first!) When it snows, she just lays there and allows her coat to be covered. Her fur is so thick I don't think the snow ever actually touches any skin. I'm able to get the best pictures of her then. The white background of the snow, even at night, just makes the beauty of her coat stand out even more. It's all her fault that I started fostering dogs. Well, her and Squirt. If they weren't such wonderful companions I never would have considered it.

And for those of you out there who think you could, "never foster because it would be too hard", trust me, the first one is the hardest one to let go and there are others along the way that tug at your heart, but, when you think that you'll be helping a family to find their own "snow queen" or whateveryou might call your little yapper, you'd be amazed just how hard it's not:-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment