Sunday, February 7, 2010

Looking for a home

This guy is a dog I had a couple of weeks ago. He's about 8 months old and I found him as a stray on the playground where I teach. He just wandered up while my class was outside. I think he wanted to play kickball. The kids FREAKED! He just came trotting over and wanted to play, but admittedly, to a child who is not familiar with animals (except for the blathering of the classroom teacher:-) it can be pretty intimidating for a dog to just come trotting in. Of course, I grabbed him and another adult took my class in. Seeing how friendly this guy was, I brought him home to see if anyone claimed him. Long story short I got sick, and knowing our group is beyond full, thought it best to get him where he could be exposed to visitors as soon as possible.

This guy is super lovable, knows how to sit, and takes a treat surprisingly gentle for his age. He's still in his chewing stage, er, notice the carpet between his paws. He's crate trained though and seems to be really smart. I took him to the Humane Society on Macklind where of course, they did the standard temperment tests, etc., etc. He is now available to be adopted! His name is listed as CAM. They're saying he's a rottie mix, but I disagree. He is definitely dobie and lab. (have a friend that had a pure dobie and she agrees with me on this!) Not sure if that even matters, but I know some folks can be put off by the rottie thing, though they are a wonderful breed (once again, just need to have owners that respect the breed's nature.)

If you or anyone you know is looking for a great pup, check this guy out at the HS!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment