Sunday, February 7, 2010

Okay I did get one

I almost forgot about this picture. I was able to snap it one day last month. She must have been really tired that day. I did only get the one though. After that, she kept her eyes on me, lol. This old gal is around 12, and except for the white muzzle and the white hair coming in on her face, you'd never know it. She's still the fastest sprinter I know. She's the great rabbit/squirrel hunter, which thankfully is only in name. Sadly, she's caught a few. I've got extra tags on her collar so that she really jingles and I'm usually pretty noisy about opening the back door.
Lol, I have plastc garden netting over a too large opening in my back gate. My dogs wouldn't go through, but I put it up when I first started fostering. (I know, tacky, but you do what you've gotta do!) There is a perfect little square at the bottom where the critters chewed through so they could make an easy get away. Kind of funny if you look at it. It's only the 4 small squares, just enough room, and they trimmed it away quite neatly, but that's where they go when they have to run. Squirrels just scamper up the trees, like it's no big deal that this speedy carnivore is out to get them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment