Sunday, February 7, 2010

Squirt and Cody

I don't know what it is about photographing a sleeping creature that gets me, but it does. Cody is easy. He could sleep through a tornado and only groan at me if I was trying to save him! Squirt on the other hand, is the lightest sleeper I think I've ever known! She was sleeping on the couch above Cody and the camera was right next to me. I reached for it and she looked over! I swear I didn't make a sound. So of course, I'm looking in the air, whistling, hiding the camera behind the computer as I'm waiting for her to go back to sleep. She eyed me with quite the reproach. If she was talking, she'd be giving me the what for. I know those looks by now:-)
So after maybe 10 minutes I decide to try again. Doggone if she didn't hear the stupid camera pop on. Now this is a dog who does NOT seem to hear me calling her when she's in another room, yet she can hear the slightest zooming sound from a camera? Gimme a break! After many unsuccessful attempts, I had to just be happy with the fact that even though she wasn't sleeping, at least she didn't dash off the couch and go into hiding. I think she's realized that the camera won't steal her soul, but she isn't really going to give it the benefit of the doubt either. Notice Cody. Through this whole process, he didn't even open his eyes. Not once. I did get a grumple though. We were disturbing his beauty sleep:-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment