Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ginger

Nope, she's not a new foster of mine, just a visitor. She is a Senior Dog foster, but I'm just dogsitting for the foster mom. Her mom became ill and she had to go help out with the family. Since Ginger is so small I figured it's okay for her to stay here til her foster mom gets back.
Ginger is a little cutie, about 4 years old. She is very frightened still at this time. Why I'm not sure. I haven't gotten the whole story on this little gal yet. All I know is the first night she was with me, whenever I would walk up to her, she would roll over on her back and look like a little scared roly poly:-( Of course, you can see here she's with the dog's dog whisperer, so she is coming out of her shell. She loves to be outside with us. In fact, that's the only time I've seen her tail stick straight up is out there. She likes to act tough with Cody. Hehe, two little "ankle biters" as a friend calls them, trying to act tough and protect their "turf".
Ginger seems to be in good health and her coat is just as shiny and soft as you can imagine. She has beautiful cinnamon red fur with white going from the bottom of her chin to under her tummy. LOVES to be snuggled. She weighs only about 14 lbs and seems to be potty trained? At least, she hasn't had any accidents here and she's been here for a couple of days. She's starting to play more and become more confident. She likes to lay in the sunny window on the back of my couch and guard the place, lol.
Anyway, she's looking for a home now. She's great with other dogs, no trouble to have around and just looking for someone to love. I initially thought she might be a dachsie mix, but after watching her, I'm pretty convinced this little gal is rat terrier or jr terrier mix along with chihuahua (and probably who knows what else?:-)
Oh and the ear thing, yeah, who on earth can resist the one ear up/down thing. Ugh, sadly they know it too:-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment