Monday, June 7, 2010

Sweet Ol' Blue

I'm watching Ol' Blue here while her foster mom is out of town. What a sweet old lady this girl is! We don't know how old she is, but we know she's really old. She loves to sleep. Her legs don't work quite as well as I imagine that they once did. She's a little lumpy around the middle due to fatty tumors. She has a heart murmur that she has to take medication for. With all that going on, you think she'd be kind of crabby. Not this old gal. She's as gentle as can be, loves having her supper on time and wags her little tail whenever I come over to her. She has the SOFTEST ears you can imagine and just l-o-v-e-s to have her back rubbed:-)

She reminds me so very much of another I had here last year. My good ol' boy Chester. Lived a hard life, one that would have left most humans I know bitter and mean. Not Chester. He had the sweetest disposition. He was only with me for a short time, but what an impression he made! Can't help but smile when I think of his antics. Positive attitude, but definitely didn't take any crap from any of the other dogs. Blue reminds me of him. With all her gentility, she still can let the little whippersnappers know when they are about to knock her over or if she's been bumped one too many times. And they listen too, let me tell you!

She may never leave foster care. She's in a loving home now, but it's not technically her forever home. She may have a week? month? year? more? but no matter how long she's around, she's only been here for a day and she's already left her mark on me. I love all the dogs I work with, but these old seniors are the ones that truly touch my heart and inspire me to be a better person. . .
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: