Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I tell ya. . .

These guys have it rough, don't they? I mean, they're practically skin and bones, no attention and they have nowhere comfortable to sleep. *sheesh*

Okay, so sarcasm isn't necessarily the best way to start out, but it's very hard to get across the humor of some of these pictures when you haven't been there to see it personally. In the middle pic, you can see that Ginger is bossing Goldy around. Go figure the little chick always seems to be the boss:-) Cody is just minding his own business (yeah, right. ) He just HAPPENED to turn as I took the pic. He was hanging on Goldy's back before that. And, of course, Goldy boy loves EVERY minute of it. As soon as the little ones stop, he's all over them to start again. They get on so well.

The bottom picture is of Goldy in one of his crazy sleeping positions. I honestly can not possibly see how this could be even remotely comfortable! His head was practically at a 90 degree angle. Amazing, truly. He's pretty much perfect here now outside of the random hiding of things now. He can hide my shoes under the cover in his crate in about 15 seconds without me ever even hearing him! That's about how long it takes for me to get them off when I walk in the door. He also LOVES *gag* to grab the dirty rat laundry out of the basket piece by piece so I've learned to keep the basket up high.

We're still working on getting him to realize that the leash is not a torture tool, but he's improving. At his last adoption event this past Saturday, he almost looked relaxed instead of frightened. It helped that Ginger came along. Both responded well to people walking by but for every dog that passed, Ginger stood over them and gave her most threatening bark. She is definitely protective of her boys, no doubt about it. HA, I spent half the day saying, "No, she's not for adoption, she's my dog. I brought her to keep Goldy happy." Many a face was disappointed! Being the dork that I am though, you know I had to puff out my chest a little (unintentionally, of course) with the, "Yup, that's MY baby look:-) " She did her mama proud:-)

The top picture here is of sweet ol' Blue. She was very perky at the beginning of adoptions while she was gnawing on her bone. Once she finished that, she was off in slumberland. At home, she's gotten to the point where she seems to enjoy the other dogs more. She doesn't spend every moment defending her "spot". This morning, I was rubbing her ears and I could tell so badly that she wanted to yap at Ginger for getting too close while she was getting her lovins. LOL, she was torn between grunting (as dogs do when they love having those ears rubbed) and trying to snarl her lip to get Ginger to move. In the end, she decided to ignore Ginger and focus on the good stuff. I know I said that I wouldn't be having anymore beagles, but sheesh, how many times I've I said I'd do someone only to cave at those dang big eyes these doggoned critters have?!? She is so funny. She sleeps a lot, but she sure knows when I've moved. She's become my little shadow walking through the house and the yard. She's still got a lot of spunk left in her. I sure would love to see her spend her last days, months, years, whatever time she has left in her forever home. She's a funny little gal. At suppertime she gets all excited barking and hopping around. She smiles and LOOKS like an little old girl with her one bottom canine:-) Dang she's cute as all get out.

Friday I'll have a newbie coming home with me. He's a 5 year old shepard mix from the Jefferson County Pound. I've only seen one picture, but he's got a great face. The kind that you see the happiness in his eyes even in the pictures. Seems his time was up this weekend. I've got the next month off (technically speaking anyway) so I thought what the heck. Looking at those big brown eyes, it wasn't really my choice. Funny how things work out with stuff like this. A couple that is interested in Goldy is coming to meet him tomorrow night. They have a dog about his size that needs a buddy. Won't find a much better pal than Goldy. If all goes well, Goldy could be in his new home by next week sometime. With the 4th of July holiday, it's better to wait to place a new dog in a new home. That'll give me time to check references, do an additional visit and make sure that the bulk of fireworks is over. He doesn't seem to be scared, but why take the chance.

*whew* seems I had a lot to say:-) What else is new, eh? Gotta update more often. I always have so much on my mind, but don't always get the time to post it. I need to get some new pictures too! You'd think being out of school would offer me more time. Nope, seems that time is filled before you know it. Things will slow down next week. Then I'll have lots more time to play with all the critters!

No comments:

Post a Comment