Saturday, July 24, 2010

Here's Johnny! Good Grief!

So mornings aren't my best time of day. I clearly do not wake up until after 10, but when you have dogs (or kids I'm guessing:-) the schedule is not always your choice! This morning started off pretty much the same as any other. Drug myself out of bed because the pack is barking to go potty and have breakfast. I've done this so many times I could do it with my eyes closed. Once they are out time to feed Butler, my little rat who stands with his whole body pressed against the cage bars holding on for dear life with his little front paws. There was once a time he could stand like that without holding on. Now that his back legs aren't quite what they used to be, he's literally holding on so he doesn't fall over! So I get him his breakfast (usually some kind of baby food to keep his weight on in his old age. Don't worry he always has a dry food he can snack on anytime) and go about the business of getting breakfast ready for all the other pooches in the house. Blue gets green beans (trying to lose weight) with her food mix, a few others get a senior blend, yet a few others get purina one for breakfast.

At this point, I let everyone back in (that was a mistake!) and Blue starts her crazy dancing for food! You'll note the picture above. This is Blue's typical day. . er. . all day, except when there is food involved. I wake up a little more since I have to pay attention to who is trying to grab what food. Since Lexy is not very friendly with fosters about food I have to keep everyone separated (yeah, that's easy??) First Pollock, crate up boy, he hops right in gets his food while I'm shooing Blue out of the way. Head to the back room to feed Max. Okay Max, into the room. Max hops in then. . .what the????? I'm trying to close the bedroom door to put down Max's food and here's Blue huffin and puffin blockin my way with her head in the doorway giving me her best "Heeerrrreee'ss Johnny!" Crap, now I can't remember the movie, but it had Jack Nicholson and Shelly Duvall and he ... wait I got it , The Shining! That was it. So Blue is giving me her best maniacal look trying to bust through the door and get to the bowl of food (um, which I haven't even set down yet). It suddenly hits me that this is terribly funny and I haven't even had a chance to go potty myself. So here I am laughing, trying to get Blue out of the doorway, get Max to eat and not wet myself all at the same time. Sheesh!! Needless to say, everyone got fed, Jack, I mean Blue managed to get her breakfast and I made it through the incident without having to change clothes.

Anyone who thinks having a senior dog in the house is boring, has CLEARLY never had one. Love ya Blue. . .(you big nut)!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment