Friday, July 23, 2010

Lexy Has a Crush!

Meet Max, the newest addition to our foster pack! He's a boxer mix who definitely has a boxer personality! If you know anything about boxers you know that means he is a big GOOFBALL! Sweet as the day is long, he's way more gentle than I would have imagined. He came running at me full tilt and as I got ready for the impact suddenly he gently jumps up and gave me a sweet hug! Literally he stood up and wrapped his front legs around me and laid his head down on my chest. Holy mackeral!!! How'd he do that???? Seriously, normally when I get a hug from a dog it leaves bruises, lol. Not with this guy. He was as gentle as can be. He's since given me several hugs and each time, he just stands up on those back legs and wraps me up in those front legs and leans. Don't know where he gets his good sense of balance, but he's good!

Lexy, my old booger, has a crush on him! She normally tries to boss the others around when they come in, but not Max. She's actually been trying to play with him. It's the funniest thing! She'll paw at him, trying to get his attention and he turns around and gives her a kiss then runs off with Pollock. She's smitten for sure:-) I guess it's true what they say, you're never too old to fall in love!

Now let's get to the tail. This dog has a tail that rarely stops wagging! Granted, he's only been here a couple of days, but he just wags, and wags and wags! I told Ellen he reminds me of a dog with no tail. You know, the one's whose butts wiggle nonstop in place of a full tail. Well he wags his butt AND his tail, lol. He's so cute!! I will say it's very hard for me to get a really good shot straight on. He has big brown eyes and the eyeshine from the camera makes it look like he has big green orbs where his eyes should be, lol. He is definitely a handsome boy though. And so fun to boot. It cracks me up that he can be playing hard and wrestling with Pollock one minute, then they are both crashed on the floor the next.
Even as good as he's been, Blue still wants no part of either Max or Pollock. And what's more, I can't help but laugh at their interactions. Blue is the sweet old beagle that I have staying here (looking for a home too!) and she's as easy going as can be until one of the dogs gets in her face. She had both Max and Pollock sitting on their butts looking at her with fear in their eyes as she barked at them for bumping her! LOL, no way can you imagine it as funny as it was to be here seeing these two big lugs sitting and looking to me for help as Blue gave them both a good what for!! Looks like Pollock may be finding his home this weekend so that will leave Max and Blue searching for their forever home. Remember, Blue is a member of the Seniors for Seniors program that we have through Stray Rescue. If a senior person adopts Blue, her vet care is covered for free at selected vets! She's a real sweetie (when she's not bossing around the young whippersnappers that is.) Come visit us Saturday at the Petco in Kirkwood!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment