Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hot Spot Relief

So who knew there was such a thing as a product called, "Anti Monkey Butt". I mean REALLY, they couldn't think of a better name for their product? Then I thought about it and really, it's perfect. I doubt anyone will ever forget the name of this stuff. Even when I called the hardware store where I found it the gentleman I spoke to knew EXACTLY what I was talking about?

Anyway, to the point, this stuff is supposed to work wonders for hotspots on dogs. A lady I met at an adoption event who has also been in rescue recommended that I try this for a hotspot Pollock has on his cheeck and neck. The skin looks great, but it starts itching and he tears it when he scratches. So I thought I'd give this stuff a go before making him suffer to wear an e-collar to try to help it heal. Well, today I've used it twice and so far, he hasn't scratched the skin again. And it smells good to boot:-) Pollock is such a champ about me putting it on him too. How many dogs will sit still and just look at you out of the corner of his eyes while he waits patiently for you to powder up his cheek and neck? I have to say, I never thought something called Anti Monkey Butt would be something that you could ever use on a face, but what the heck? If it works, it works right? I'll let you know if it actually helps to heal the hotspot. He's had it for at least a week now. Hopefully this will be the last he has to deal with it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment