Monday, January 18, 2010

Leo

I know ,Christmas is over. I was looking through some of my pictures and ran across my holiday pics from 2008. This is my Leo looking all cute and sweet. Feisty and outgoing he was. Sadly, he's not nearly as feisty or outgoing right now. In fact, he has pneumonia. I'm hopeful that things will improve, but he's in bad shape. That's one of the problem with owning rats. Being that they are a prey species, they don't show illness until it's ready to knock them over. We went to the vet tonight and he got some antibiotics, but we'll have to wait and see. If he makes it through the next 24 hours, his chances are good that he'll be okay. After all, he is getting to be an old fart himself. At 2, he's no youngster anymore. But I do hope that he will be hopping around and giving me whiskery kisses on my cheek as he scrambles around on my shoulders before long. I'm not ready to lose any more of my buddies right now *sigh*. Realistically though, are we ever really ready?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment