Monday, January 18, 2010

What a goof!

This is Sampson, aka Sammy, Sam, Goofy, or whatever else happens to come out as this silly little guy is prancing around. He is so serious and sincere one minute, you know, the paw on your leg and the dead on look in the eye. The next second he's trying to play with you and sliding across the floor because he has no traction with his little furry bear paws:-) He's not quite as stinky as when he got here. Or maybe I just can't smell it anymore because he's rubbed it all over the furniture and carpets and me, so now I'm the stinky one! Seriously though, still waiting to get him groomed properly until his neuter is completely healed.
We are going to meet a family Tuesday night.  Who knows, I may set another Betsy/Abby record with this little guy. Oh, and I hear that Lucky has someone interested in taking him home!  Yay, Lucky.  My fingers are crossed for you buddy:-)

Part of me wants to say that spaniels of any kind are quickly becoming my favorite dogs to be around. Course that's mainly because I've had a few in the last few months:-) I guess I'm wishy-washy. I find that my favorite kinds of dogs are the ones that are currently with me. Lucky the lab made me want more labs. Abby the little black dog made me want to keep her, lol. Then there's Betsy and Buddy the shelties. Made me love that breed all the more. My girl Squirt is sheltie mix so I could be slightly biased to that breed. Love those long noses on my lap with the big eyes staring up. Or the over the shoulder look. Buddy perfected that:-) Let's see, I have never had a pit bull, never really thought I'd like them until a few years ago when my neighbor rescued one from the east side.

What a mess Aida was! But look at this face!!!  How could you not fall in love!  And just as sweet and loving as any that I've ever met.  If you want to see a dog truly frolic, this is the dog to watch!  She's doing great now!  Still proves what I believe, it's the owner not the dog that creates the problems!  Good owners, good dogs:-)  Course, there are tons of good dogs out there with cruddy owners, but we'll leave that one alone.

Anyway, I guess my point is that I love all the dogs that have come through here.  It amazes me when folks will only adopt a certain breed, but I guess everyone has their own opinion.  Give me a good ol' dog, regardless of breed and I'm happy:-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment