Friday, January 29, 2010

Taking a break

Sampson has gone home, Quincy was adopted before he even had a chance to get settled in and Magoo, a little shih tzu who is a little old man who reminded us of Mr. Magoo, hence the name, is going to another foster tomorrow.  Sadly, my rattie boy Leo, took a turn for the worse and is no longer with us :*(  With his brother being alone and some things that are going on with me, I have to take a break. 

I will probably continue to write about my critters, but it will be a while before I can foster again.  It's time to take better care of my babies and focus on the time I have left with Butler.    He's in good health now, but being the social creatures that rats are, time will tell how he'll handle Leo being gone.  I've had many rats over the years.  Some do just fine.  Others seem to just fade away from a broken heart (at least that's what I call it.   There's no real physical explanation for their passing so soon after.) 

Me, I just feel sad.  Death is a part of life and is necessary for the cycle of life to continue as it should.  Doesn't mean it's easy to take.  I will take in fosters again sometime soon when I am able to get things together.  In the meantime, it will just be my crew for now.  That's good enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand how you feel Tracy, regarding taking a break. The heart is an amazingly resilient organ. I am always amazed when I am ready to let another critter or person into my heart again!
    Hugs!
    lala

    ReplyDelete