Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cody Does it Again!


Picked up Goldy Boy this afternoon. Boy was he scared. I can tell from the goofy pictures that I was able to get from him though, that we are going to have fun around here:-) The first pic is mid yawn. Looks like he's hollerin', "Get me outta here!" (think Bugs Bunny voice:-) The second was right after. The last one is of Goldy and Cody.

I had a hard time getting him out of the car when we got home. He slunk out of the back seat, commando crawled onto the lawn then flipped over and became a peeing fountain. Poor guy was soooo scared! Finally got him into the house and into the crate where he settled down. After about an hour, I offered him some water-wanted nothing to do with it, so I set it in. Then he tried to cover it:-) After a while of walking by and telling him what a good boy he was, I sat down next to the cage and talked to him for a minute. When I opened the cage this time he came out and timidly explored the house.

Then I let Cody in and bam! Instantly a playful dog appeared where there was a lump on the floor. Here he is just 2 hours after getting here walking around the house wagging his tail. Now, we still have a loooonngggg way to go. Kati told me he likes other dogs, so it's no surprise. He seems to be okay with me now. He probably figures that if I have all these pooches around, I must not be all bad. At least for now, I think he'll do just fine here. Now begins the process of building the routine and hopefully continuing to help him understand that being a dog is, well, not really so bad:-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment