Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rainy moment

I was out working in my yard setting up a new bed next to the white door of my shed (not there in this pic) when all of a sudden I look up and see a wall of rain coming across from the other side of the neighbor's house! Talk about wierd! All the dogs were outside with me and we just barely made it in before these mondo raindrops started to fall!
It made me think of this picture I just snapped of Lexy with Goldy one day last week (or maybe the week before.) Lexy's fur is so think that I've started putting a raincoat on her when she goes outside and it's raining, even a little. Her fur is so thick that it takes FOREVER to dry. She looks kind of goofy, but purple is definitely a good color for her:-)

Goldy is doing great. He seems to have no fear of rain, thunder or anything else weather related. He happily allowed my dog sitter to let him out with the rest of my gang while I was out of town this past weekend and over the last couple of weeks when I needed help. He's potty trained for the most part. He still doesn't quite know how to tell me he's got to go yet. Completely crate trained and if I let him out frequently, not a single accident. He's only had one. That was yesterday when I fell asleep with him out which I don't normally do. I woke up when I heard him potty on a container (which in his defense has been marked and washed in the past.) He immediately went to the back door when I started hollering for him to potty outside! Didn't seem to be afraid of me later, even after the hollering. I think he knew. He's still not great on the leash, but at least he doesn't thrash around like he did. I haven't had a ton of time to work with him though. He is so eager to please and LOVES treats so he learns quickly. He has mastered sit and still lets me wipe his paws when he comes in. His coat has gotten really shiny since I've gotten his winter coat mostly out now. He's gentle with treats and such a sweetheart. This guy is going to make some family super happy. He's an all around sweetheart!

Thanks to those of you who have been asking about Butler. He's still not in good health, but he seems to be reasonably happy:-) Can't ask for too much more than that with his age. I bought some blueberry bushes on sale to add to the ones in my back yard and we had our first blueberries today!! He liked those very much. (He's always loved fresh blueberries, but we've never had them from our own garden till today!) Goes to show, you need to read the information when you get a plant you are unfamiliar with! Apparently you need to have more than one variety for good pollination. I've had 2 blueberry bushes in the yard for almost 3 years now and they've never produced fruit. They still haven't, but the one's I just got sure did! The whole reason I even bought them initially is so that I could have good, fresh, organic blueberries here for the rats. Only Butler was able to sample them, but I'm glad he did. I have some peas and carrots that are about ready to harvest and I imagine he's going to love those as well!! And I don't have to worry about any kind of creepy stuff on them other than maybe bird poo, lol. So they will still get washed:-)

I think it has stopped raining. Hope it's dry enough to get back to work!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment