Saturday, May 8, 2010

A change in ideas



My original idea to post had something to do with sleeping, two little dogs snoring on me and me not wanting to get up off the couch.

Then I let the little outside and saw this and I knew THIS is what I had to write about. I've been into the garden thing this spring. . .BIG TIME! Thank goodness for great little brothers, because my brother Mark has been helping me to indulge my new and improved love for gardening by helping me with some of the heavier work, such as hauling in the soil that you see Lexy so happily lounging in. Long story short, I've been sick (stupid allergies!) and haven't had a chance to finish prepping the beds yet. Well, apparently Lexy AND Squirt would be even happier if I left the soil just as it is:-) I think they love being out in it even more than I do!

This is the second time I have found one of them lounging in the dirt, brown dusty noses and as cozy as can be. I can't help but smile because I know that this will happen. They have yet to find a pile of fresh dirt that they could resist. Yes, there is dirt all over the concrete now. Yes I'll have to fill in the hole. And yes, they are both going to need a good bath and soon. But I know just how excited they get when they get to digging, which thankfully they don't do often. On a day like today, when it's cool and breezy, the sun is shining (and I was at school planting all day so I am pooped!) there's not a whole lot I could ask for than to know that my furry family is happy and enjoying the day too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment