Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ginger

Ginger has gone from a little scaredy dog to a big, sassy girl:-) She hasn't had any accidents in weeks and no longer rolls over and pees on herself. In fact, she rarely does the "roly poly" roll at all any more. She goes running out into the yard in the morning chasing away all the creatures she can find and comes bounding back in with such excitement I have to laugh each time. I'm still amazed at how Squirt is so attached to her. She must see some of herself in this little tiny version.

We went for our first walk together the other day. I take the big dogs then I take the little ones. I must shamefully admit that I felt a little foolish at first when I took Cody and Ginger out. My big girls have been walking with me for 10 years so they of course no longer pull, they listen when I ask them to go around, etc., etc. And here are these two little squirts, MAYBE 30 pounds combined, jerking me around and bounding in the tall weeds because they refused to walk on the nice flat sidewalk. LOL, more power to the big burly man who can confidently walk the little yorkie in public!

After the initial surprise reminding me how strong a little dog can be when excited, I quickly got them back on track. Then had the hardest time walking at moments just from watching the two of them. Ginger hops through the grass. I swear she must have some rabbit in her. Those back legs never separated as she hopped from place to place. She clearly loves the tall grass so that she "swims" through. She and Cody both for about 5 minutes couldn't seem to move forward because first she peed, then Cody decided he needed to pee over it. Well, she went back and peed (you can see where this is going.) She is a sharp little critter, I'll tell ya. She holds her own here just fine and I can't wait to see what she brings to the fostering dynamic. I have a feeling she will be more of the teaching manners kind of partner than Cody's playful kind. I guess we'll find out when I pick up Goldy Boy this afternoon.

Sure makes me wonder how it is she had trouble being potty trained and the kind of folks that must have had her to create the fear that I saw in this dog. Once again, it wasn't me that brought out the best in her, but my furry family. They are good at reminding a dog how to just be a dog and enjoy the good life:-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment