Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 2

Well, you see that harness there on Goldy? Yup, that's in shreds now. He was not a fan of that to be sure. Strangely, he's easy to have around, until it's time to go outside. Then he fights tooth and nail like I'm taking him to the glue factory or something. He's not quite made the connection to the potty thing and of course, he's not nearly used to our schedule yet, but I'm hopeful that he will be in another week or so. He's happy as a clam in the house, but scared to bits outside. Luckily he is crate trained, so he won't go in his crate. I'd imagine it won't take him long to realize that outside is the place to be when ya gotta go!

He likes me well enough, as long as I am sitting down. Once I stand up, I apparently become quite the scary individual and he scrams for the safety of the crate. As you can see in the picture, he seems to love stuffed toys. He's taken a particular shine to the variety of hedgehog toys I have for my gang. Fine with me! I've got about 100 toys and only a few dogs. Glad to see someone is going to get some use out of them:-)

I've discovered he LOVES to be brushed. Funny how he is so fearful of one thing and seemingly not at all of another. He's blowing his winter coat big time and man o man does he have some hair! Once I can get him comfortable in the yard, we're going to have a major brushfest! So another day down and hopefully this little guy is starting to get an inkling that even though this isn't his mama Kati's home, that he'll be safe here with us. For sure, he also is a huge fan of the good ol' treat. That can go a loooooong way with making friends with a very, very frightened dog.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Tracy - that is really strange. It took me months to get him to come when he was called, and he would NEVER let either of us brush him. Hmmm I think that switching fosters was a good idea!
    Kati

    ReplyDelete