Saturday, December 19, 2009

Betsy & Abby



































So just when I thought it would be a quiet few weeks, these two had to cross my e-mail. A pair of girls whose owner had recently passed away, they were in a tight spot. Betsy, the sheltie, is somewhere between 7-10 years old. Abby, the little black dog (scottie mix?) is 12. Could someone please help these girls for Christmas. Now as much as I love what I do with the dogs, I knew it was really time for me to take a break, but something about these faces just would not leave my head. I kept waiting and waiting, hoping that someone else could help. While there was room for one, there was just no room for both anywhere. With it being Christmas and all, I just couldn't leave them behind. I realize that the chances of them getting adopted together are pretty much slim to none, but I figure the time that they are being fostered should be together to make it less stressful for them.

So Friday night, I went and picked them up! The pictures do not NEARLY do them justice. They are soooooo adorable! Both are friendly, though Abby is definitely the social director of the two. Betsy warms up quickly but is very shy at first. Both are completely house trained. Both do well on a leash, ride well in the car and seem to like people of all sizes and genders:-) Abby loves to snuggle up next to me on the couch and Betsy puts that sheltie head in my lap and give me the longing stare that only shelties do so well. It's hard to believe that Abby is as old as she is. She's a spunky little one who still likes to play with other toys and loves a good squeaky toy. Betsy is a playful little gal as well who doesn't seem to quite know what to do with the toys, but she sure seems like she would like to learn. Both are very happy, healthy girls, especially considering all of the changes they have gone through in the last couple of weeks. So my house has a few more for Christmas? What's a holiday without a big family to share it with:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment