Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What a pair. . .



I sure do hope that the last couple of days is a sign of what next year will be like. I've received more interest and applications for these two girls, Betsy & Abby, than I have for any other dogs I've fostered, ever! I don't know if it is timing, the Christmas spirit or something else, but these lucky girls have many wonderful homes hoping to take them after Christmas this year! What's even better is that it is looking like the girls will be able to be placed together. That so rarely happens when we get a pair from the same home. Often they have to be separated. We do what we have to in order to make sure that each dog has the best possible situation, but things don't always work out the way we'd like. We are very fortunate this time:-)

The hard part now is figuring out which would be the best fit for the girls. It won't be an easy choice and I'm glad that's not something I have to decide alone. That's one of the many great things about working with a great group. We can bounce ideas off of each other, help each other with choices such as these and support each other when things go well (and sometimes when they don't).

Regardless, I am happy to have this kind of pressure, really. It sure beats having no interest for months and months at a time and wondering why it is that others can't see the amazing personality in the dog(s) that I am fostering. Been there, done that all too often. I do hope that those that are not chosen to be the home for these particular dogs will consider our many other great dogs looking for a place this year. I can't think of one dog that we currently have as a foster in the whole group who wouldn't love to come home with any of these great families. Wish us luck with our decision. It definitely won't be an easy one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment