Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Leo came out with flying colors!

My little guy, Leo, went through his surgery just fine!! I thought it would be okay, but it always feels better when they are home safe and sound. Never ceases to amaze me how quickly animals bounce back from illness and surgeries. I put him back in his cage with his bro a couple of hours after he came home. He wasn't terribly happy alone and wasn't ready for me to hold him yet. That was all it took. They snuggled up together and off to sleep they went. Tonight he's rambling all around like nothing ever happened. Like he doesn't have a naked belly with an incision that's glued shut there! She's I only wish I was that good about getting around when something like that happens!!

Anyway, now that Leo is on the mend, we'll be getting another foster tomorrow. You can check him out here: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15407219

He's a special little guy. Handpicked by two little cuties (Ellen's Granddaughters:-) and named Lucky. I can already tell from those eyes that he's going to be a sweetheart. The picture of him lying in the crate looking off to the side is one of those that makes you go, "AAAAAWWWWWWW!"
I'll be picking him up in the morning and introducing him to my gang. It will be a while before we get to adoption events. I have to take care of some things, but if anyone is interested in meeting him, just contact the e-mail on the petfinder page. He is available for adoption now. I can always make arrangements to meet for anyone interested in meeting him!

I can't wait to meet him!! I've been spoiled with the last few dogs I've had. They've been so easy to have around! Haven't had a lab mix in the house since Chester *sniff*:-) So much for taking a break from fostering, lol. I keep telling myself that it's time or I need to do it, but then I see those faces and realize that it really is wonderful to meet these new creatures and be a part of helping them to trust and love without fear again. Sometimes I think it keeps me human. It constantly reminds me that while there is a lot of darkness in the world, there is even more light!

No comments:

Post a Comment