Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs

I've been saying that for years, but little did I know there is a book of that title out there. For Christmas, a friend of mine got me this book and I was in tears (not sad really, but reminicent tears:-) before I even opened the book. The cover reminded me of Chester with his gray face and soulful eyes. That dog was only with me for such a short time, but had SUCH an impact on me. I sure loved that old fart!

The beginning of the book is kind of a tribute to his old dog Harry. The rest of the book is full of pictures and anecdotes about older dogs ranging in age from 10-17. The pictures are all in black and white. Each and every dog is different, each and every one someone's loved pet. I have to say that this is definitely one of my favorite (if not my favorite now) books of all time! If you have not seen this book and you love old dogs, you have GOT to check it out!!

You can see it here: http://www.amazon.com/Old-Dogs-Are-Best/dp/1416534997

No comments:

Post a Comment