Monday, November 9, 2009

A Handsome Fellow















Chester is quite a handsome fellow. He's been here since around March. Since then he has sure shown what a loving little guy he is. Chester's lived a hard life. I call him my "old fart" or my little old man:-) When he first came, his legs were skinny and his belly was a little bloated. Reminded me of a little old man. He even has a smoker's cough in the morning, HA! Since then, due to some physical issues we discovered, his belly is less bloated and his legs have put a bit more muscle on them. He's on a special diet now since his kidneys are in bad shape, but he's still as sassy as ever.
Sure did give me a scare this morning. When I got up he was on his big round doggie bed. Looked comfortable at first, but then I noticed his legs were sticking straight out underneath him and his right leg was cold. Luckily his legs were fine but it made me realize that time with him is sure precious. Some days I truly wonder how he even walks at all with his legs in the shape they are in, but he keeps on going. He even lets me help him now and then, but he's an independent stubborn old boy when it comes to things like that. Otherwise he's a mellow fellow, with lots of life in a broken body that can't keep up with his spirit. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment