Monday, November 9, 2009

Suppertime!

I have visions of Snoopy from Charlie Brown dancing around with his little red bowl at suppertime. Jester doesn't exactly
dance, but he does bounce up and down a lot and spins and barks with excitement at each meal. It's like the first time he's eaten every time:-) He's even got the routine down. I have a food aggressive female so fosters have to all be fed separately from her. He knows to run to the bathroom so that he can eat in "private".
As much as I get stressed at dinnertime (try walking around in a small house with multiple dogs, one of which does not walk well, banging into your legs the second you touch a bowl or 6:30 comes around, whichever comes first) I can't help but laugh as all are clamoring to get to their food first. It is so hard to complete a task when you are laughing. Reminds me of when I was a kid. My grandma lived down the street and I was there with my little sister. We were maybe 11 and 7 (I was the older one). She did something, can't remember what and I started to chase her. She went running down the street, screaming and flailing her arms like she was on fire. LOL, I was mad at first, but she looked so ridiculous that I couldn't help but laugh. Of course you can't run when you are laughing. So dinner is sort of of like that. Well, maybe not, but that's what it makes me think of!

No comments:

Post a Comment