Thursday, November 12, 2009



In my other post I was talking about how my guys are good about welcoming the new dogs into the house. One of the reasons is that my Cody (the blonde chihuahua mix pictured) is what I have been calling the dog's dog whisperer. He's been able to take just about any scared dog and make him/her feel more comfortable in the house. Of course, there are a few that have attached themselves to Chester (on the bed). Mo is one of those. Chester was curious about Mo from the start, even jealous I would say. Now they make a point to lay together and are rarely apart if Mo is sitting still:-)
There was one other dog that Chester bonded to even more. Broke my heart too. A beautiful dog named Trinity was with me for a short time. She and Chester were literally inseparable. They went outside together, slept by each others side, ate together, you name it. He adored her as she did him. Trinity got adopted and Chester actually was depressed after she left. It was the saddest thing! Poor guy moped around looking for her for over a week. Eventually my guys perked him up. There's no being sad for long around Cody:-) Then Trinity came back to stay with me for a bit. He was soooo happy! Unfortunately she passed away and both Chester and I were depressed for a bit, but once again, another comes in needing a new place and life goes on. Lucky for me that dog was Jester. He has no idea just how much he can brighten someone's day. So if anyone tries to tell me that dogs,etc. don't communicate, I just smile, disagree and remember that not everyone has had the good fortune to live their lives with animals and look at them for what they are. . .living, breathing, feeling beings. Not human, but simpler, without baggage seeing things for what they are on a day to day basis. Oh, to have that view of life! Sure would make things easier. (Disclaimer: This is my wholehearted opinion and I can give many years worth of anecdotes if anyone doubts it:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment