Wednesday, November 18, 2009

You won’t have to struggle to get up each time. You won’t have to limp as you walk. You won’t have any trouble seeing or hearing now. You won’t have kidney disease. You won’t have back legs that soon won’t work anymore. You won’t have a hard time sitting down because it hurts. You won’t have to worry about being alone when your time comes anymore. . .

I will remember the first time you climbed into my car and jumped up front to give me a big, fat, slobbery lick on my cheek. I will remember how you were always the first to greet any person at adoptions or at home. I will remember the shadow that constantly followed me through the house even though sometimes I would try to sneak by so as to not wake you up. I will remember how you still wanted to play fetch, even when you could barely walk. I will remember how you would snuggle your head to me when I would give you a hug. I will remember your funny “aroo!” bark when it was time to eat. I will remember how you panted hard, almost smiling when you got excited about a walk, playing or anything that you really liked. I will remember how soft your fur was. I will remember how great it was to see your crooked little tail wag. I will remember how comforting it was to rub my face in your fur. I will remember how you loved your ears to be rubbed.

I could go on and on about what I will remember, but the point is that I will always remember you. Thank you for bringing such joy to my home.

Chester passed away on Monday, November 16 2009.



1 comment: