Thursday, November 5, 2009

Meet Mishka

Is this a gorgeous face or what?? This little gal is quite amazing. I first found out about her from my vet. The doc knew that I worked with senior dogs and was wondering if I could find a place for Mishka. When I asked what happened, I was saddened but not surprised to find out that Mishka's owner just didn't seem to be able to care for her anymore so she had decided to have Mishka put to sleep. Mishka is not ill, nor is she terribly old. She's just over 7 years old and is full of love and spunk. Of course the vet refused to put down a perfectly healthy dog without at least trying to find her a home.
As it turned out, that Friday was Mishka's lucky day. I wasn't sure what I could do to help as I had a full house already and another on the way. While I was talking to a friend she saw Mishka's face and immediately she and her husband decided to foster her for us (Thanks Betsy and Jim!) Mind you these guys live in an apartment so they weren't sure how Mishka would handle things. Things are working out just fine. Mishka gets her daily walks now and is pleased as punch to just hang around with the family. She loves to go for rides, is great on the leash and is crate trained. She's just an all around mellow gal looking for someone to give her that special forever home she deserves. She is also available through St. Louis Senior Dog Project.

Mishka and Jester will be at the Kirkwood Petco on Saturday from 11 AM until 2PM. If you are interested in meeting Mo, he will be at the Kirkwood Petco on Sunday from 11AM until about 12:30PM. Come on out and meet them and the many other loving dogs looking for that special someone to remind them that they are not alone.

1 comment: