Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Funny, little Jester

This is Jester. He's a funny little dog, that I can't seem to figure out why he hasn't found a home yet! He is sweet and gentle. Completely house trained and LOVES to snuggle. He's one of the most comical little creatures I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. He's very low key- -just wants some love, food and a soft bed to snuggle on. Did I mention that he loves to take naps too?
Jester is about 8 years old and was dumped at the pound in the county because his folks thought he was too old. Heck, he's in the prime of his life!! He sure seems like the perfect dog to me, older or not. I love puppies, but give me a laid back, loving older dog any day.
These are the dogs that get forgotten because they are not tiny little creatures with that foul but lovely puppy breath any more. And to be perfectly honest, most folks are afraid to take them on because they have already lived some of the years of their lives. Well, they also don't pee in your house like a puppy and they are usually better behaved. Not always, but usually. Again, I do love the little youngsters, but would rather my pals in fostering take care of the little ones. I appreciate the wisdom and quirks of the older guys. Jester seems to understand that and does all that he can to make me smile, whether it's intentional, I'll never know.

2 comments:

  1. I love Jester, he is such a sweetie. I would take him if I could. Of course, I say that about all of the dogs you foster. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute dog! Take some more body pics and I'll post him too!

    ReplyDelete