Wednesday, November 4, 2009

All dogs need a home. . .

I am a foster "mom" with St. Louis Senior Dog Project. I decided to start this blog when another member of the group suggested that a few folks record the stories of 3 dogs that came to St. Louis after living a miserable life on the end of a chain in N. Carolina. All three dogs are 9 years old or older. Yet after all that they've been through, they are still amazingly loving, social and ready to find a home of their own. I plan to write about my "forever" animals as well

This is Mooter, now known as Mo. He was one of the 3 dogs to travel to St. Louis. To read how Mo came to be here check out Ellen's blog at http://www.stlseniordogproject.typepad.com/ . Look for the post from October 30th.
You might notice he's wearing a hat for this picture. Quite handsome fellow if you ask me:-) Very cooperative as well. He's still a bit fearful of new folks at first, but he does great at home with me and LOVES playing with the other dogs in the house. You could say I have a few:-) Mo's future home will have to have a family that is willing to spend a lot of time loving him and giving him the best life possible after being chained up for all those years. I'll never understand why anyone would even bother to have a dog if they are going to be chained up outside. Mo is no watchdog, so I can't fathom the reason. Why have a dog at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment